A Few Embedded Systems Project Ideas
As described, an embedded system is a computer system intended to carry out various tasks, including accessing, processing, storing, and controlling data in systems based on electronics. Thus, we frequently employ these embedded systems in straightforward and intricate gadgets. As a result, many engineering students expressed a strong interest in working with embedded systems project ideas in their last year of study. For their benefit, we’ve included a list of some top project suggestions, all of which are excellent resources for helping students decide what kind of projects to pursue in their embedded systems course online.
Embedded systems project ideas:
- Propeller LED display: This endeavor involves a unique style of circular LED display. The number of LEDs, hardware needed, and the total cost are all reduced with some mechanical assembly. Additionally, the display’s upkeep and repairs are so simple that anybody with a basic understanding of electronics can do them. The characters on this propeller display are shown in digital format after being mechanically scanned.
- Biometric Attendance with fingerprint: The newest identifying technology is biometrics. The term “biometric” describes the automated identification of a person using biological traits such as fingerprint, iris, face recognition, etc. Attendance at businesses, schools, and universities will require additional tasks and effort. IT firms created a fingerprint-based automated attendance system to lessen this. It will be a good project for the embedded systems course online.
- Metal detector robot: We equip the car with a metal detecting technology that detects metals and alerts the driver to the potential of a land mine by buzzing. Thus, you can operate the vehicle remotely using RF technology within a specific radius when a metal-detecting system and a robotic vehicle are combined.
- Automatic intensity control (street lights): The street lights consume significant power, which the government bears. This project enhances the existing automated street light system. Based on the intensity of the sunlight, the project regulates the voltage supply to the street lights. As a result, the street lights operate on alternating current voltage and should be viewed as an alternating current load.
- Sun-tracking Solar Panel: A sun-tracking solar panel is a solar energy optimization method that can capture the maximum energy from the sun. These solar panels are also available in two-sided varieties, allowing them to generate the most significant electricity from both sides. The solar panels that track the sun’s rays are perpendicular to the sun’s beams. If you buy double-sided sun-tracking solar panels, they will also capture light reflected from the ground. The tracker uses an algorithm to monitor the sun to identify the sun’s position.
- Stepper motor interfacing: Stepper motors convert electrical pulses into mechanical motions. Stepper motors are utilized in disc drives, dot matrix printers, and various other applications. The most significant advantage of utilizing a stepper motor is the ability to regulate its position. Stepper motors typically consist of a permanent magnet rotor encircled by a stator.
So, these were some project suggestions for using embedded systems using different microcontrollers and RF technology. You can pick any accordingly for your embedded systems online course.